Click column header to sort
Assists assigned department by performing engineering-related tasks including research, development, calculations, design and delivery on assigned project(s).
Participates as experienced contract resource in the preparation of medium-size complex projects and support for the preparation of all Mega-Project contracts and related documents for core and/or Design Build (DB) Mega-Projects. Engages in the production of change-orders for existing contracts. Supports the preparation of contract claims.
Responsible for the growth and success of a specific practice within the firm (i.e. aviation, bridge, environment, etc.) including business development and client negotiations.
Functions as a key member of the district leadership team and may at times have impacts at the HNTB Division business unit level.
Acts as the primary strategic Human Resources resource for divisional or subsidiary management teams. Serves as an active participant in division or subsidiary business planning, strategic and day-to-day planning, related to on-going and future operations to better understand business/client needs. Serves as point of contact between field and corporate HR for the development, execution and administration of firm-wide HR initiatives and programs.
Within a given discipline, is fully competent to complete engineering-related tasks including research, development, calculations, design and delivery with minimal direction. On tasks basis, is responsible for preparation and completion of discipline engineering efforts that are responsive to project needs. Coordinates preparation of design details, plans, and drawings within assigned task areas.
Improves firm wide gross margin and associated earnings via select mega pursuits and clients, as well as mitigating risk to the firm. Manages HNTB’s overall contracting processes from early stages of pursuits through construction and project closeout. Leads project teams through HNTB’s enterprise approach to developing and implementing contracting strategies, including preparing for and conducting negotiations, supporting risk and value assessments, pricing approaches, and developing contract documents such as Teaming Agreements, Memorandums of Understanding, owner and sub-consultant agreements and Joint Venture agreements. Serves as central point of contact for all assigned projects and facilitates coordination of any and all enterprise resources that may be needed in support of the project teams.
Participates in all phases of project development including full technical support of the architecture as well as incorporation of all disciplines involved with the design. Serves as a resource to the project designer and project manager as the design is developed. The role includes serving as the lead technical architect on small to medium sized projects and assisting the Sr. Project Architect on large projects.
Responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned project including investigation, evaluation and recommendation of design solutions. Assigned to handle specific technical design aspects of a project for which he/she is responsible including investigating, evaluating, and recommending the design solutions that best meet the client's needs. Performs assignments under direction with limited responsibility for design.
Entry level professional graduate architect working under supervision in the production and completion of design and construction documents through the gathering of information, organization of data and application to documents.
Coordinate and supervise efforts of a planning group to perform studies and services as required. Normally acts as Project Leader for projects dealing with planning issues in his/her specialty. Supervise other planners and scientists in preparation of studies and reports. Provides technical direction in all phases of studies and performs technical services where necessary. Review studies prepared by others in the planning group. Interface with clients on projects and attend public meetings and conferences in association with projects.
- Review of design plans
- Coordination of data be gathered for environmental, community, and/or human impact studies
- Preparation and assessment of impact studies
- Development of alternatives to project
- Comparison analyses of community benefit verses cost of project
- Attend meetings both within and outside the firm pertaining to existing and potential projects (Public awareness groups and regulatory agencies, etc.)
- Coordination and consultation with Federal, State and Local agencies on scope and impact of project
- Submit required statements of intent to Federal, State and Local authorities regarding proposed projects
- Proposal presentations
Under general supervision, performs all aspects of planning assignments and may begin to focus expertise. Work emphasizes design and technical aspects of projects but may include limited task assignee duties and tasks associated with business development. May assist in directing small-scale planning projects and portions of larger projects from concept development through project completion.
Responsible for overall field management of HNTB's contract, administration and coordination on mid to large size project of a diverse and complex nature.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional desing experience required.
- Transportation Experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
- Transportation Experience preferred.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
- Responsibility for managing all aspects of multiple projects while conforming with HNTB delivery standards.
- Management of projects within the parameters of established quality, scope, budget and schedule.
- Serving as a liaison with clients to communicate project questions, comments, design as well as management issues and other general information.
- Coordinating administrative aspects of the project including communication, documentation and project team assignments.
- Providing technical interface and lead inter-disciplinary design coordination on projects where required.
- May act in team lead / expert resource capacity on the most complex projects.
- Preparation of proposals including fee development and determination of scope of work and assistance in business and contract negotiations.
- Review of third party proposals, scopes and contracts.
- Planning, tracking and reporting on project costs, budgeting and staffing.
- Identification of opportunities and development of strategic plans for business development of aviation/transit/transportation architecture pursuits with office leader and sales manager.
- Supporting and engaging in HNTB’s established quality management program.
- Serving as a champion for the team.