HNTB Corporation draws upon a national workforce of construction professionals to dedicate the right resources to local projects at the right time to meet tight schedules and client expectations for cost and quality. HNTB's team has experience in the construction of highways, bridges and airports, as well as facilities for sports, entertainment, education, government and business. Construction services are offered in combination with, and independent of, design engineering services, and on an on-call basis. The firm tailors each construction service package to meet client needs. The HNTB New York office is expanding its team of strong Construction Technical Specialists for rail, road and bridge work beginning approximately in the early Spring 2015. While projects for and in the City of New York are mainly driving this current need, projects throughout the New York Metro region are also expected to need sharp inspectors.
The preferred candidate will have a solid back-ground in the inspection and/or testing of:
• concrete, concrete repair, structural steel and steel repair, demolition, foundations, excavation and support of excavation.
The successful candidate will be:
• A self-motivated individual with initiative
• Able to take on a leadership role within a diverse group of contractors, sub-contractors, client representatives, stakeholders and peers • Keenly familiar with NYCT inspection/testing requirements and procedures
• Experienced in computers, common applications and ideally, FieldBook software
• Physically able to work outside in a variety of weather conditions in a fast paced environment
• Licensed to drive and possess a record of safe driving
A minimum requirement will be a Bachelors degree in Engineering and at least six years of relevant and proven experience.
Experience with New York City Transit is preferred.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.